Rugged Individualist. Certified USA Triathlon Coach & NASM Personal Trainer, Men's Self Improvement Coach. President of Go Farther Sports. National Ranked Triathlete & 100 Mile Grand Slam Ultrarunner, only the fourth New Yorker to finish four of the oldest and most prestigious 100 mile ultramarathons in the U.S. in only 10 weeks.

Thursday, November 21, 2019

The 100x100 on 100 Swim Challenge!!!

Next month, on December 30, my last workout of the year, I'll be looking to do the 100x100 on 100 (seconds) swim challenge. This has been a tradition in some Masters swims and one that I always wanted to try to see if I can do.
This year I said to myself, what the heck, let's give it a try! 😁👍

Most people do this in a 25 yard pool, but my pool is slightly longer at 25 meters, making it a little more of a challenge. I've been swimming quite strong lately, so I think I can manage a comfortable pace of 1:30 every 100. That leaves me just 10 seconds to rest before setting out on the next 100.

This will be done in the South Shore Y at 5AM. If you're interested in trying this out (or doing 50x100, or doing this at a more relaxed interval, etc), let me know and I'll try to get you into the pool there.

All in all, for me, this is going to take close to 3 hours to do, and it is over 6 miles of swimming. So I'll have to bring some energy gels and water in so that I can maintain this over the long haul.

It'll be a great way to end the year for me. Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment