Rugged Individualist. Certified USA Triathlon Coach & NASM Personal Trainer, Men's Self Improvement Coach. President of Go Farther Sports. National Ranked Triathlete & 100 Mile Grand Slam Ultrarunner, only the fourth New Yorker to finish four of the oldest and most prestigious 100 mile ultramarathons in the U.S. in only 10 weeks.

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Groundhog Day Winter Storm Run - Be A Child Again!

 When life throws you lemons, make lemonade.

Two straight days of snow to start my least favorite month of the year. But, instead of lamenting missing my chance to move to a warmer clime, it's time to embrace it and have a little fun.

Yesterday's 4.5 mile run was in a storm that was ramping up. This morning's 6.5 mile run was in a storm that was winding down. No worries about pacing, or speed, or intervals. Just get out there, have fun at an easy pace (that's about all we can do anyway in the ice and snow), and embrace my inner child.

That, and the 2 hours of shoving two feet of wet, heavy snow afterwards made for very productive morning. And a hot chocolate for my reward after all is done!

I'm 51 years old turning 3 again. 😜

(bad lighting, but this is a picture of me wearing my Dunkin/NYC Marathon hat, balaclava for the wind, 2 layers above and below the for the cold, and good trail shoes for traction. I was nice and toasty for the run)


No comments:

Post a Comment