Rugged Individualist. Certified USA Triathlon Coach & NASM Personal Trainer, Men's Self Improvement Coach. President of Go Farther Sports. National Ranked Triathlete & 100 Mile Grand Slam Ultrarunner, only the fourth New Yorker to finish four of the oldest and most prestigious 100 mile ultramarathons in the U.S. in only 10 weeks.

Friday, June 7, 2019

☕☕ National Donut Day Coffee Musings☕☕



I know it's an unhealthy treat but after having a great week of training, it's safe to say that I earned it. 🍩😁🍩
Basically anyone can get a free donut with a coffee today at DD. I'll take it.



---

The last training challenge has been cleared! Two 50 mile rides in as many days.
The first one was on Wednesday. I had no problem keeping the speed up over 20MPH. As a matter of fact, I was holding back a little knowing I had to do it again the very next day.

I'm glad I did hold back!

The second 50 miler was a different story. The legs were clearly more tired, so I managed to keep it close to 19.5MPH for 30 miles.

That was when I put the hammer down.

The last 20 miles were close to 21MPH to finish the ride at 20.1MPH average. It hurt like hell to maintain that speed, but I wanted to know the limits of my fitness on this ride. I have to make sure that my Ironman race strategy works with my present fitness.

Anyway, after a good swim this morning, all I have is a 14 mile run tomorrow and a bike/run brick on Sunday and I'll be into my taper!

I'm chomping at the bit to play in Ireland!!!

---
Meanwhile my swim continues to improve. A short workout of 3x400 freestyle with paddles yielded 5:37 (good time), 5:34 (great time), and 5:26 (holy shit time!). If I don't come out towards the front after the swim, something must have gone wrong. πŸ™ƒ



---
I have the bib number 1900 for the race. That's a good number. And everyone I know agrees.
A quick look into the number shows the following tidbits:
One of the factors is 50 (50x38). Yep, I'll be 50 years old when I race.
It's the largest 3 letter palindrome in Roman numerals (MCM). I'm not sure if that is good or not, but it's fascinating. 😁
---
That's really about it. Enjoy your donut today. Just make sure you swim or bike or run today so that you earn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment