Rugged Individualist. Certified USA Triathlon Coach & NASM Personal Trainer, Men's Self Improvement Coach. President of Go Farther Sports. National Ranked Triathlete & 100 Mile Grand Slam Ultrarunner, only the fourth New Yorker to finish four of the oldest and most prestigious 100 mile ultramarathons in the U.S. in only 10 weeks.

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

2019 Iron and Tri Training - Switching over to Unprocessed Foods (Paleo)

"Diet Means Everything!"

One of the things I have done this week is switch over to Paleo foods for my Ironman training. I've been looking at my logs from 2013 when I trained for the Grand Slam of Ultrarunning and found that this was an amazing transformation of my body. I did lose about 25 pounds, got very muscular on it, and felt that I even underwent an "age reversal" on my body! I know.

Paleo basically means "the less processed food, the better." I wouldn't call it a "diet" per se, but more like tweaking my current eating habits to maximize on unprocessed foods. I think this is the key to getting in best triathlon shape as possible and getting my speed back into form. 

Anyway, I'll be popping in from time to time about how things are going with my eating habits. I'm hoping it will be as pleasantly surprising as in 2013. Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment