Rugged Individualist. Certified USA Triathlon Coach & NASM Personal Trainer, Men's Self Improvement Coach. President of Go Farther Sports. National Ranked Triathlete & 100 Mile Grand Slam Ultrarunner, only the fourth New Yorker to finish four of the oldest and most prestigious 100 mile ultramarathons in the U.S. in only 10 weeks.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Anticipation Is Over!

This will probably be my last blog before the race.

The flight to Sacramento encountered some hiccups. From what I heard, a crew member didn't show up and the plane had to wait for a replacement. As a result, the flight was delayed by over an hour which caused me to miss a connection in Houston.

I had to wait at Houston for 8 hours yesterday.


Luckily for me, I designed the schedule for impending delays. I am glad that I intended to stay in Sacramento overnight and take the train to Squaw the next day.

The 8 hours were interesting. I was tasting some chocolates and some ice cream at one of the shops in the area, taking in a movie, and trying on some western style hats (I actually liked one of them and will probably order it when I'm done here; the price they were asking at the airport was to much).

Hey, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade, right?

That's Type B Personality behavior. Maybe I'm finally mellowing out after all!

Still, I finally made it into Sacramento, along with all of my stuff last night.

Around noon today, I board the train to Squaw Valley. Where I'm sleeping tonight, there will probably not be a hot spot, so that's why I think this will be the last blog.

It's going to be one hell of an eventful weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I have a feeling the race report from this one is going to be epic.

    ReplyDelete