Rugged Individualist. Certified USA Triathlon Coach & NASM Personal Trainer, Men's Self Improvement Coach. President of Go Farther Sports. National Ranked Triathlete & 100 Mile Grand Slam Ultrarunner, only the fourth New Yorker to finish four of the oldest and most prestigious 100 mile ultramarathons in the U.S. in only 10 weeks.

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Would I do the Grand Slam of Running Again If Picked for Western States?

In a word...yes.

Now why would I want to suffer again through four more 100 mile races in 10 weeks, especially including what will most certainly be a nightmarish run at Leadville?

Good question. I really cannot answer that.

Maybe because it is so darned tough to do that I want to take up that challenge again? Maybe I would be one of the only few that actually finished more than one? Maybe it's because of this trophy that I earned when I finished it in 2013?






I only have about a 4% chance of getting into Western States anyway, so I'm making other plans for next year. But, a slim possibility is still a possibility, right? :-D


No comments:

Post a Comment