Rugged Individualist. Certified USA Triathlon Coach & NASM Personal Trainer, Men's Self Improvement Coach. President of Go Farther Sports. National Ranked Triathlete & 100 Mile Grand Slam Ultrarunner, only the fourth New Yorker to finish four of the oldest and most prestigious 100 mile ultramarathons in the U.S. in only 10 weeks.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

March 3 - Totally Disjointed Thoughts

Since this is a low news day, I'm going to just blurt out some pointless thoughts...

One person said to me that Bag Balm smells. Yes, Bag Balm does smell, but I'd rather be a bit smelly than be chafed all over the place. Chafing sucks, period.

The trails are clear of snow. It may be time again to start going to some random parks and run long on the trails again.

Facepalm alert: I already know of two people who are getting the new Apple iPad after the announcement yesterday. Funny thing is, they already have iPads! Um, hello?

The definition of cult - great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad.

It is safe to call Apple followers a cult now?

My only exposure to Apple has been brief...I bought an iPod one day. Returned it the next day because it only allowed me to download music from the iTunes website. Sorry, but I don't want to buy into a monopoly.

Choices, choices! Should I do two training runs of 15 miles on Saturday and Sunday, or opt for the Caumsett 50k in Long Island on Sunday? I'll decide tomorrow.

There is a prediction of rain this weekend. Doesn't really affect my decision because once I'm wet, I really cannot get any wetter, right?

Those relay sprints at the Armory were really out of my league. Why do I do them anyway? Don't know. Maybe the relay was a novelty that I had to participate in for a different form of fun? Yeah, I'll accept that.

So everyone in my immediate vicinity has some serious colds. Makes sense that I come down with one today as well. Thanks guys.

Cold or not, this weekend will be an important one with distance running. Count on me out there running long this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment